Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I grew up with the Judge...Casey....way to smack his ass Casey....what a jerkoff for pulling that shit on a legitimate business that invested their money and time to do what they do.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unfortunately, the story is incorrect...even the title of this post is wrong. StrikeLines' website was not hacked. What the story leaves out - and perhaps most importantly - is that he was also found NOT GUILTY of the first count - Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which means the jury rejected the government's narrative that sophisticated hacking took place and accepted the defendant's version, and StrikeLines' OWN COMPUTER EXPERT'S TESTIMONY at trial (available for anyone to view on pacer as part of the trial transcript, which the "reporter" could have found if he had bothered to research anything, that they send the numbers in plain text to anyone who visits the website. He never attempted to sell anything, rejecting numerous people who offered to purchase them. The appeals process has already begun, and I hope each of you will follow it as the story unfolds.
He damn sure wasn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart. I have had several people tell me they paid for numbers especially some of the new inshore so called guides and a family member. A lot of people paid big bucks to have their own private spot and he, StrikeLines maps it and sells it. To bad they can't get him on stealing charges.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The trial is a matter of public record if you’d like to research it further before coming to conclusions. I repeat: he was found not guilty of “hacking”.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The trial is a matter of public record if you’d like to research it further before coming to conclusions. I repeat: he was found not guilty of “hacking”.
All i did was read the article posted here, man. I mean, he did face hacking charges and supposedly found not guilty, so I mean I wasn't wrong when i assumed he would be facing charges for hacking...

Good luck with the rest of your trial Timothy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What Strikelines does may be legal but it doesn't keep them from winning the a$$ of the year award. Many inshore charter guys purchased these numbers and don't care that you paid big money for the reef. They will fish you out anyway, its all fair and paid for.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Does that mean I can sue everyone who zaps me or pulls alongside and hits mark? I may finally be able to afford that really nice rig and spend more time outside the range of the average Googan.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
WHat about all the people that spend a ton of money and time deploying reefs to have someone with huge commercial sonar to map all of the spots and sell them for profit?
So if you happen to be scouting around as your trolling and spot a "man made reef" holding fish with you 4K+ scanner that's not marked on a map as a public reef then you not going to fish it or save the position, right?

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
My first thought is he‘s tied in with someone on this board or or dat b itch carol baskins😂 we had some entertaining threads back in the day before they got banned on here.lol

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,326 Posts
So if you happen to be scouting around as your trolling and spot a "man made reef" holding fish with you 4K+ scanner that's not marked on a map as a public reef then you not going to fish it or save the position, right?

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Yes, I would fish it for sure dude! BUT I would not try and sell it online for profit. If you find one just cruising around it's fair game. We want to incentivize people to build reefs but if every 3 years someone is going to use a comercial sonar and capture all reefs public and privately made, then it kinda takes the wind out of the people paying money to build private reefs then doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Yes, I would fish it for sure dude! BUT I would not try and sell it online for profit. If you find one just cruising around it's fair game. We want to incentivize people to build reefs but if every 3 years someone is going to use a comercial sonar and capture all reefs public and privately made, then it kinda takes the wind out of the people paying money to build private reefs then doesn't it?
Is it not against the law to deploy a "man made reef" such as a chicken coupe, concrete tires, grocery carts, sink an old unwanted boat, etc... and espicially without a permit?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
Is it not against the law to deploy a "man made reef" such as a chicken coupe, concrete tires, grocery carts, sink an old unwanted boat, etc... and espicially without a permit?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Not illegal at all if you get approved and pay your dues to the reef association and have it deployed in a legal area. That's what he's getting at...nobody is gonna want to put the time and effort and money into deploying reefs, if they are just gonna get acanned by those guys selling them off to everybody for profit.

21 - 40 of 116 Posts