Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Hate to see anyone or any business get stolen from..
I hate thieves, no matter who they steal from.
That along with the extortion should have carried a longer sentence.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
So he took privileged information and tried to sell it back to them, that's rich

·
Registered
235 Posts
What goes around finally comes around... I hope he is as pissed as I am about what he (Strikelines) did to most of my fishing spots, that I worked hard at keeping!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately, the story is incorrect...even the title of this post is wrong. StrikeLines' website was not hacked. What the story leaves out - and perhaps most importantly - is that he was also found NOT GUILTY of the first count - Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which means the jury rejected the government's narrative that sophisticated hacking took place and accepted the defendant's version, and StrikeLines' OWN COMPUTER EXPERT'S TESTIMONY at trial (available for anyone to view on pacer as part of the trial transcript, which the "reporter" could have found if he had bothered to research anything, that they send the numbers in plain text to anyone who visits the website. He never attempted to sell anything, rejecting numerous people who offered to purchase them. The appeals process has already begun, and I hope each of you will follow it as the story unfolds.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Unfortunately, the story is incorrect...even the title of this post is wrong. StrikeLines' website was not hacked. What the story leaves out - and perhaps most importantly - is that he was also found NOT GUILTY of the first count - Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which means the jury rejected the government's narrative that sophisticated hacking took place and accepted the defendant's version, and StrikeLines' OWN COMPUTER EXPERT'S TESTIMONY at trial (available for anyone to view on pacer as part of the trial transcript, which the "reporter" could have found if he had bothered to research anything, that they send the numbers in plain text to anyone who visits the website. He never attempted to sell anything, rejecting numerous people who offered to purchase them. The appeals process has already begun, and I hope each of you will follow it as the story unfolds.
So...when is your appeal hearing?

·
Registered
750 Posts
The accused was just workimg smarter, not harder. Strikelines went and put the time on the water to steal fishing spots to turn a profit...this guy used his brain to do the same thing and snatch em from the virtual sea. I'm no lawyer, but the dude is still probably facing charges for hacking even if they don't get him for theft.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts