Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie and I shoot out straight to the pass around8 am this morning in search forsome kings and reds...all we hadon board werestretches 25 and 30s. Cruising at 25mph Charliebrown started rigging some of the lures ready for some action. 15 mnts later we were by the light house ....water was beautiful this morning. Coffe kicked in ...put three lines down. We had a 30 and two 25's trolling at 4mph.... approached the pass .....fishfinderwent crazy for a while showing big fish everywhere under the boat....... that's when you start hearing Jaws tune (tara dara tara....) and right after that... you start counting 10 20 30 40 FIFTY feet (of line) ....BAM!!!! double truble....no wait a minute thats a triple trouble Charlie....all three rods (wish I brought a fourth one) started screaming at the same time....This one reel 706I had (in the garage for a while)started to smoke....I mean really smoke ..well actually it was the dust it had accumulated for a whileI guess...was cool to watch. We managed to bring two on the boat....third one got loose .....measured, pic and realesed... Right after that Charlie was putting the lines down againand not even a minute later he was on on a 38 incher Red......measured, pic, and realeased....Trolled aorund B1 and back in with the tide....saw lots of fish on the fish finder again but nothing happened for a while...Kept goig back and forth when we we relaizedit was time for theBlues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right on....Right on....Right freakin on...its my favorite time of year for that very reason...Right on...SR :usaflag

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great report. We saw you out there by fort pickens.

What color stretches were working for you? We haven't been able to pick any up trolling. We have only been able to get them with gothas and bucktail jigs.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We used Pink , tiger blue/silver, and a orangey chartrusse....all ofthem rigged on 3 feet wire leader.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Abraham & Charlie I hate you, out there having fun and a air show to boot and me stuck in an office without a window. Oh well maybe next time or not got word on Friday we are going to Phoenix AZ. tomorrow for a week and then coming home for T-bird day and back to Arizona, any Redfish in Arizona you think? NOT!! Now to other business...Todd in the bay I am calling you out... new rule no Recycling old photos and trying to pass them off as yesterday, pay no attention to date in this photo it was yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts