Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cryingWell, the Straycat's first day out was eventful. 9 total crew (3 fisherman :bowdown & 6 chummers:sick) at 7:00am we took a wave over the bowand the 3 greenhorns wished they would have heeded the warning to bring fowl weather gear:banghead. We strickly went to yellow gravel to catch amberjack, and for the most part we did ok, with 10 amberjack (2 were keepers) & a variety of other fish caught and released. Out of the 25 or so fish caught in the 3 hours we were out there, they were caught by 3 people. The pictures tell the rest.

What have I done:banghead

I'm Chumming Captain:sick What am I doing at the bottom of the page:sick

I am tired:sleeping

I am loving this:nonono

Iron Stomach :bowdown

Another Iron Stomach Guy:bowdown

Well you get the picture, till next Straycat Out

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think I might have stopped a little sooner looking at those seas. That is amazing. The beach cams made the gulf look like a millpond and the Orange Beach Bouy is less than a foot. The Mobile bouy is reading 4.6 feet so I guess that is what you were dealing with. Sure feel sorry for the sick folks. Never been in that state so I can only imagine how miserable they were. We are going to give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was wanting to go out today but work got in the way. Sounds like the weathermen were way off....as usual. Thankfully I've never been in their positions either. Looks uncomfortable...:boo

·
Premium Member
11,194 Posts
well at least you caught some fish. as for the others, uhh. nothing good you can say about that. give it a few weeks and pick a good calm day. you may be able to talk them in to going again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
wrightackle (3/31/2010)I think I might have stopped a little sooner looking at those seas. That is amazing. The beach cams made the gulf look like a millpond and the Orange Beach Bouy is less than a foot. The Mobile bouy is reading 4.6 feet so I guess that is what you were dealing with. Sure feel sorry for the sick folks. Never been in that state so I can only imagine how miserable they were. We are going to give it a try tomorrow.
What date were you reading the mobile bouy? It has not worked since last year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Straycat - great thread, great pictures, great boat. I like your sense of humor. :clap

I used to barf all the time too. Hell, I'd even barf mid-fight. But the fishing makes it all worth while.

Catch

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that is were we keep her, haven't been down much this year, but weather has kept us from fishing

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just figured out this year how to operate this web siteand post pictures, you could say it's my maiden voyage. Hopefully I will be posting moregood trips like the rest of you guys.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I thought that was your boat. I keep a 27 WC in Perdido Cove Canals just to the east and we pass your boat as we head to Perdido Pass. Of course we drool and admire your ride.

Keith, Lil Kahuna

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks,

I don't know if you were at the catin the gulf worldcat event at lester's 2 years ago, my wife and I went there to talk worldcat owners at that event to get feedback. After a few cocktails:letsdrinkwe puchased it the next day.

break a rod & pull a hook

·
Registered
606 Posts
Man I feel sorry for those folks ! Still they got to go !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts