Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of picture perfect weather and great fishing, 2017's version of October has been a dilly. Not "dilly dilly." Hurricane Nate, strong easterly winds for days at a time, tornado warnings Sunday and 3-6 inches of rain this weekend. The north winds for the last two days have calmed the surf at least to where it is fishable, but the heavily stained water has brought in baby catfish by the score.

We literally see blue water on the horizon. Hopefully some of that good stuff moves in.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
I live on Perdido river, and both it and Styx river are out of the banks and loaded with mud and headed to the gulf. So it's probably going to be more catfish for a while. But I'm really looking forward to some better pompano weather in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I live on Perdido river, and both it and Styx river are out of the banks and loaded with mud and headed to the gulf. So it's probably going to be more catfish for a while. But I'm really looking forward to some better pompano weather in the coming weeks.
Please continue to keep us upland guys informed, even when not catching pomps. I'm trying to select a few days to get down there, but don't want to drive 6 hours to see mud and catfish. Thanks for your reports, king.
:notworthy:

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
Somehow, someway. ...it's actually pretty clear out there this morning.....and I don't know how. Lol.... I mean the rivers that are flowing to it are muddy muddy. But I've got buddies out there fishing sending me pictures of clear water....flat but clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts