Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
They are the handicapped mullet. Most schools require at least three or four for survival purposes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
man i noticed the same thing on a few i caught last week. the rare and elusive sloped head mullet. i caught them west of where the garcon point bridge hits gulf breeze. ive never seen any like that before. all the mullet ive been catching this year have been a lot bigger than the last few years but those were all smaller. i dont know if that has anything to do with it though. its weird. they tasted the same though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good ideas. No I didn't put them in the cooler BUT I did have them in a 5 gallon bucket.... however, they are physically different and when filleted... they have a humpback of meat too. Crazy. At first I thought I had the occasional "freshwater mullet" or "mountain mullet" but they are something else entirely and not found in this area normally.

·
Registered
472 Posts
man i noticed the same thing on a few i caught last week. the rare and elusive sloped head mullet. i caught them west of where the garcon point bridge hits gulf breeze. ive never seen any like that before. all the mullet ive been catching this year have been a lot bigger than the last few years but those were all smaller. i dont know if that has anything to do with it though. its weird. they tasted the same though.
awesome we will eat anything!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts