Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
I don't mind being stopped from time to time. Makes me feel good I am legal. Sometimes you forget to check the fire extinguisher horn and such. Keeps me on my toes.

·
Praedator
9,924 Posts
While this was not FWC, it was South Carolina DNR when I lived there for a short time.

I was checked while in my kayak with my daughter one day while out fishing. Almost the same type of experience that you had with the officer happened to us. He had special T-Shirts on board for kids he caught wearing their life jackets while on boats whether they were supposed to have them on by law or not as an awareness thing. He handed my daughter the shirt and she was thrilled etc...

One the back of this shirt it says, I was caught wearing my life jacket. Caught a nice red fish after the officer departed too!

Attachments

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
Me and Coaltrain got stopped about midnight in our kayaks alongside the 3mb. The officer stopped us just to thank us for having lights and reflective tape on our kayaks.

Sent from Coop's S5 on Tapacrapatalk

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Ok , Just for Jason. We were pier fishing a few years back in the spring. Here comes a Female & Male FWC. She was looking in everyones coolers all the way out to the end with the male officer inspecting some as well. We all was watching say 20 of us. She gets to the end with the other officer. Looks at all of us & says ,,, Need to see yalls Licences. :yes::whistling: We all laughed. We thought she was joking. She wasnt. Obviously she was new on the job. :rolleyes: The other officer let her go on wanting us to show them. After several attemps to explain to her she finnally got frustrated & left. :rolleyes: It happens. I fully appreciate what they are doing & All Leo's. Just some go above the top.:shifty: But Today is different times than when I grew up. Im Just not good with change I guess.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Never had a bad experience with FWC, when they show up i am always ready and i know the run down it seems they get me every time, so i know the drill pretty good, not to mention i know the officers too not personally but from being stopped and they tend to recognize me from the last time they stopped me. I usually offer them bottled water, gatorade, or a bag of tater chips. I have had a few warnings but never been cited, i try to stay as legal as possible. I think we have a great bunch of officers here, i have heard different things about the ones over in destin but i have no first had knowledge.

The only time i ever got perturbed was after i pulled a broken down boat back in from the gulf. They had enough people on the boat i had to pull a few people into my boat to balance the weight. At the ramp we got checked and of course i didn't have enough life vest on board, slipped my mind at the time just trying to help. there were two FWC guys, one seasoned and one obvious rookie, the rookie was gonna write me a ticket until the seasoned guy told him that i was just helping a fellow boater, we cut those guys a little slack.

Go ahead and flame away jason as i always hate all LEO.

·
Super Moderator
27,946 Posts
Never had a bad experience with FWC, when they show up i am always ready and i know the run down it seems they get me every time, so i know the drill pretty good, not to mention i know the officers too not personally but from being stopped and they tend to recognize me from the last time they stopped me. I usually offer them bottled water, gatorade, or a bag of tater chips. I have had a few warnings but never been cited, i try to stay as legal as possible. I think we have a great bunch of officers here, i have heard different things about the ones over in destin but i have no first had knowledge.

The only time i ever got perturbed was after i pulled a broken down boat back in from the gulf. They had enough people on the boat i had to pull a few people into my boat to balance the weight. At the ramp we got checked and of course i didn't have enough life vest on board, slipped my mind at the time just trying to help. there were two FWC guys, one seasoned and one obvious rookie, the rookie was gonna write me a ticket until the seasoned guy told him that i was just helping a fellow boater, we cut those guys a little slack.

Go ahead and flame away jason as i always hate all LEO.
That's crazy.....an honest tax paying citizen on a nice sled that could obviously afford it, that didn't get cited to build revenue fer the state.....UN-HEARD-OF!!!:no:

Ya'll can tell me to flame away, I just find it comical some of the crap ya'll discuss about a LEO's job and have no clue what you are talking about...It's no sweat since I run into folks all the time that don't like LEO's:yes:

Just the same as if I got on here and offered my .02 on blue water fishing. I've been many many times but do not consider myself one who could even give simple advice to someone who does this fishing.....Silly me fer thinking that if I don't know what I'm talking about, I should keep my lips zipped....;) Too bad more folks don't have this thought pattern!:001_huh:

·
Registered
14,619 Posts
That's crazy.....an honest tax paying citizen on a nice sled that could obviously afford it, that didn't get cited to build revenue fer the state.....UN-HEARD-OF!!!:no:

Ya'll can tell me to flame away, I just find it comical some of the crap ya'll discuss about a LEO's job and have no clue what you are talking about...It's no sweat since I run into folks all the time that don't like LEO's:yes:

Just the same as if I got on here and offered my .02 on blue water fishing. I've been many many times but do not consider myself one who could even give simple advice to someone who does this fishing.....Silly me fer thinking that if I don't know what I'm talking about, I should keep my lips zipped....;) Too bad more folks don't have this thought pattern!:001_huh:

Geeez! I thought giving advice and opinions on subjects we know practically nothing about was the pff motto! - yes - I'm working on an official motto and an official pff wave!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
While this was not FWC, it was South Carolina DNR when I lived there for a short time.

I was checked while in my kayak with my daughter one day while out fishing. Almost the same type of experience that you had with the officer happened to us. He had special T-Shirts on board for kids he caught wearing their life jackets while on boats whether they were supposed to have them on by law or not as an awareness thing. He handed my daughter the shirt and she was thrilled etc...

One the back of this shirt it says, I was caught wearing my life jacket. Caught a nice red fish after the officer departed too!

Thats a great story Jon. Them little 'uns sure are growing up.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Anyone know the name of the FWC officer that was running the rib boat opening day of florida snapper season memorial day weekend? PM me if you don't want to post on open forum.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My son and I were the ones coming off the water just after you that evening. Yall caught a couple small stripers, we caught a couple rat reds. You asked if we saw the game warden but we didnt. I've only encountered them once at that launch when I was loading up to leave, they asked the usual questions (safety gear, license, any fish), I answered and they took my word for each, didnt even make me prove it.

·
Brandon H
191 Posts
i got stopped a month or so ago near NAS by 2 guys in a 19ish pathfinder FWC boat. i had my 5 yr old and my 6 month old with me and my wife. Super nice guys wanted to make sure the girls life jackets fit properly and that we had proper safety gear and such.

glad they are out there, especially with all the idiots that have been on the water already this year

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
i got stopped a month or so ago near NAS by 2 guys in a 19ish pathfinder FWC boat. i had my 5 yr old and my 6 month old with me and my wife. Super nice guys wanted to make sure the girls life jackets fit properly and that we had proper safety gear and such.

glad they are out there, especially with all the idiots that have been on the water already this year
U got that right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My two encounters with FWC have been fun.

1st time I'm in my little 9 ft kayak way under their 24' hull while getting every hatch, including the tiny one in front that I can't reach, checked for fish. Good times.

The second time I'm driving home from a date night with my wife and decide we would rather go to home depot (yes that means I'm getting old) than go to a movie. Well I pull a quick u turn and he stops me for not using a turn signal. I was surprised to see fwc and almost mouthed off about not having a life vest, but he let us go. :D

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I was washing down my boat at Sherman Cove last week. Had the fish already in the truck. Two FWC walked up started talking and asked if they could see the catch. They were told sure, they opened the ice chest with 4 Snapper said nice catch closed it and kept on shooting the breeze.Both were great guys.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts