Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Work Hard, Fish Harder...
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Why the hell would they sticker a known stolen boat.
Is it illegal to park overnight at Morgan’s, And the sticker was to make everyone aware of the odd situation, but the Destin towing ignored the sticker/sign and towed anyway

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I went through something similar when my skiff was stolen out of my driveway! Found the hull in the woods the next day, stripped of the motor, CC and cooler seat. They hooked the boat to a tree and pulled it off the BRAND NEW aluminium trailer I just bought and check hadn't cleared. They even drilled 8 big holes in the side above the deck, then one hole down through the floor and out the bottom of the hull. DAs....it's a non-sinkable boat.

The trailer was found a week later in the driveway of a vacant house. The side guide-ons were bent but otherwise, it was fine.

It cost me $10K to put a new motor, CC and fiberglass repair and gel coat on the boat. Sold it 2 years later for $9K, so I should have just left the damn thing in the woods and sold the trailer.

Everything I have now is insured....lesson learned.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I agree, I bought a pontoon about a year and half ago. I insured it as soon as I bought it. It’s like 700 for a year and covers everything with tow boat.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Could be a long shot but what about house cameras facing the street from around where it was stolen and dropped off. Could at least find the make model and color of the truck.
I really hate it for you hope they catch the guys who did so someone else doesn't have to go through this.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Your gonna have to do your own investigation. Thiers ended when they finger printed the boat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your gonna have to do your own investigation. Thiers ended when they finger printed the boat.

H**L, they probably didn't bother to fingerprint.... they know any lawyer will say that fingerprints on a boat sitting in a public place mean nothing.... anybody could have touched it.... reasonable doubt.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Could be a long shot but what about house cameras facing the street from around where it was stolen and dropped off. Could at least find the make model and color of the truck.
I really hate it for you hope they catch the guys who did so someone else doesn't have to go through this.
Thanks for the advice, i tried that with no success. thanks

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

yep you are 100% right, it is a time consuming to investigate and so far i had no luck

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
H**L, they probably didn't bother to fingerprint.... they know any lawyer will say that fingerprints on a boat sitting in a public place mean nothing.... anybody could have touched it.... reasonable doubt.
I was told the same thing, thats why the police didn't care too much about fingerprints left on the boat, but few of them around the back with grease are from who removed the engine, police didn't care about that, very frustrating!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
It seems they don’t care about much I. These times. Someone I know kept getting harassing messages, then another family member started getting them along with a few threats. LEO was notified and didn’t want to come out for the report, he finally came and the family did most of the leg work. The cop did nothing

41 - 51 of 51 Posts