Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Me to Joey, never been able to get close to a 20% return on my money in 4 weeks.
Y’all make sure you set a stop loss and keep moving it up once you get in the green. It’s a steep learning curve the first couple months so far for me but I’m doing better.

Made the mistake of picking a good stock and getting greedy and not taking profits when I should have. Just keep moving your stop loss up continually as they rise up and you won’t lose your bigs gains. Also helps you from getting hurt too bad if they go massively red after you first buy.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Y’all make sure you set a stop loss and keep moving it up once you get in the green. It’s a steep learning curve the first couple months so far for me but I’m doing better.

Made the mistake of picking a good stock and getting greedy and not taking profits when I should have. Just keep moving your stop loss up continually as they rise up and you won’t lose your bigs gains. Also helps you from getting hurt too bad if they go massively red after you first buy.
Good advice for sure. I sold the Chinese Bidu stock I have because it looks like we are going to get tough on China. I figured it was just a matter of time before it quit gaining. It's like China's Google. I did good on it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Folks watch it here . It is looking like a top soon. Breadth is terrible and some other signs are showing. This makes rug pulls very easy. Yesterday was a example S&P futures currently 2866

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Folks watch it here . It is looking like a top soon. Breadth is terrible and some other signs are showing. This makes rug pulls very easy. Yesterday was a example S&P futures currently 2866
What?

You gotta speak in beginners language. I’m kinda dumb to this stuff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Buying a stock is speculation. Index futures you don’t take delivery of anything. So what is going on is the market has become extremely narrow. What it means is only a few stocks are going up while majority are going down. Take the S&P 500 which is 500 stocks. 5 companies make up 20% of the index. So if only 40 of the 500 are going up but its the heavy weighted ones it hides the underlying weakness. Then what happens is the 40 turn weak and the market tanks. You need more stock going up to make it a strong trend. When market was positive today the breadth (down volume vs up volume) was running 70% negative. When I posted it the SP futures were at 2866 we finished at 2835. If this doesn’t correct there is no way we go higher and risk is to the downside. Not that this chart means anything to you but if we violate the red slash. The market will not go much higher and most like head much lower

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I’m understanding that. Wish I had someone to explain situations like that for every question I have. The terminology is what gets me.Lol

Thanks RSD

·
Registered
170 Posts
Breadth divergence is getting worse. Market can continue higher but it gets harder. Think of 500 guys pushing a semi up hill and now we have 60. Then it is down to 20 and if they don’t get help then it rolls back. That is where we are

·
eating tasty
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Man I feel blessed. Bought a couple hundred shares of MARK last month when it was still 40 cents. Wish I had bought a few thousand! Nothing to retire by by any means but it’s fun to learn and make mistakes and see what happens. It’s wild.

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
I got nothing when it comes to buying or selling. I have about $40,000 with Nationwide and hope they are doing me right. Scared to do it on my own.
So, you are gonna give 40 grand to a company and say “hope you do me right” and then call digital currency (which you obviously know nothing about) a scam? Seems strange to me. If you think Nationwide has your best interests in mind, above their own, you are the one being scammed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Weak breadth makes this easy. Market probably not crashing to new lows yet . Big money was caught off guard in March and is now distributing stocks (means selling to bag holders). When enough of this occurs the rug pull happens. We could be in a big range for months until distribution is over. Usually this happens over 6-9 months before market tanks but this situation was a black swan event.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I got nothing when it comes to buying or selling. I have about $40,000 with Nationwide and hope they are doing me right. Scared to do it on my own.
You should be able to see how Nationwide is investing your money. I do that online with Metlife and I do watch the ups and downs. Part of mine is in a fixed account but the other I monitor. S & P was doing well in this account but it has been a roller coaster the last few days. Hold on to your butt.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts