Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good time to buy some cruise line stocks. CCL, NCLH, RCL. These are long holds though. Plan on leaving it alone for at least a full year.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i was talking to a pnc financial advisor last week and he gave me some scenarios of some of his clients going 100% on stocks. he said they are making a mint.
yep, right now, but what is going to happen in november? if trump is reelected, i might consider putting all of eggs in one basket and watch the stock market real close. it's going to be a fun ride if he is.
jack

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Tsla been doing well for me this year, but it’s way overpriced at this moment and will pull back before making another run, may be a big pullback as they are up 300% plus on the year.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Tsla been doing well for me this year, but it’s way overpriced at this moment and will pull back before making another run, may be a big pullback as they are up 300% plus on the year.
Musk has delivered over and over. Big institutional money is running from oil and looking for safer ground. Tesla has the data, manufacturing, plus the hardware to take vehicles to the next step(self driving) and soon they will have the network(starlink). It's hard to bet against him

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Cool. I don't understand why stock splits stopped happening like they did years ago when the prices got too high for us weekend investors to buy. Good for Apple.
My guess would be that companies may not want to worry about the volatility that comes with more accessible stock prices. Apple is moving back to their own chipsets again, this could be a way to help fund those costs.

·
Premium Member
9,617 Posts
NIO has a earnings report coming out on the 11th. Word on the screet is it could hit $18 a share.

Get In where ya fit in.

Reactions: FenderBender

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Anyone use Robinhood app to buy stocks? Any good? I’m fixing to start learning how to trade options and some peeps said it was a good app, though I’m gonna play with poker money aka a couple hundred bucks till I figure out what I’m doing. And yes I know options are where the big boys play, and do we have any options expert traders on here?lol

·
eating tasty
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Anyone use Robinhood app to buy stocks? Any good? I’m fixing to start learning how to trade options and some peeps said it was a good app, though I’m gonna play with poker money aka a couple hundred bucks till I figure out what I’m doing. And yes I know options are where the big boys play, and do we have any options expert traders on here?lol
I follow a lot of stock forums and groups, and in general, people unequivocally say that Robinhood sucks.

Limited premarket and after hours trading hours compared to other brokers, and people having trouble getting their orders executed.

I’ve used TD Ameritrade and thinkorswim and have been pleased so far.

What kind of options strategies are you looking into? I’m interested in dipping a toe into them as well. Either selling covered calls on stocks I own or just buying some cheap calls to try.

I saw where you can buy VSTM call contract expiring 8/21 with a $4 strike price for five bucks today. That’s banking on a slightly more than 100 percent gain in less than 3 weeks but these bio stocks can easily run that hard or more in a day on good news. A $5 lottery ticket to gain $400 isn’t bad. I should buy 10 of them! Good luck to all

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I follow a lot of stock forums and groups, and in general, people unequivocally say that Robinhood sucks.

Limited premarket and after hours trading hours compared to other brokers, and people having trouble getting their orders executed.

I’ve used TD Ameritrade and thinkorswim and have been pleased so far.

What kind of options strategies are you looking into? I’m interested in dipping a toe into them as well. Either selling covered calls on stocks I own or just buying some cheap calls to try.

I saw where you can buy VSTM call contract expiring 8/21 with a $4 strike price for five bucks today. That’s banking on a slightly more than 100 percent gain in less than 3 weeks but these bio stocks can easily run that hard or more in a day on good news. A $5 lottery ticket to gain $400 isn’t bad. I should buy 10 of them! Good luck to all
ill look at those apps, I’m not betting my retirement on options, I’m treating it as poker money, I normally bet on college football every year and its Who guess what happens this year with that, so I need something to distract me until deer season🤣options it is

and gambling wise Bama covered well above 50% of the time the last 10 years!

241 - 258 of 258 Posts