Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are y’all buying today?

Say you wanted to invest 1000 bucks just to play with. Oil majors? No way it stays this low. What else? Seems like a rare opportunity.

·
Registered
386 Posts
$1,000 bucks. Nothing right now. It's been bad but it hasn't shown signs of being over yet. So nothing is what you should buy if have cash right now.

There are millions who would be happy to trade and sit with $1,000 of cash today instead of CVX or XOM stock.

·
eating tasty
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$1,000 bucks. Nothing right now. It's been bad but it hasn't shown signs of being over yet. So nothing is what you should buy if have cash right now.

There are millions who would be happy to trade and sit with $1,000 of cash today instead of CVX or XOM stock.

Exxonmobil has taken a beating. I work there- and have a good bit of their stock. It’s a great dividend, and I’ll hang on to it til it hopefully gets back over 70 bucks again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What are y’all buying today?
Oil majors? No way it stays this low.
I just have to respond I couldn't resist.

You realize the Saudi oil Kings are essentially burning billions in oil money just to spite the world right now?

I would also assume you don't remember the effect OPEC had in 1973 on gas prices and why that happened. (pure OPEC greed)

I've said for years the US should not buy OPEC oil. Thank goodness we're finally to the point we don't need them.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Any blue-chips that dividend well. I bought some Coca Cola (KO) when I thought it hit bottom. It found a new bottom but will be back eventually. I'm a 15+ year investor, so recovery is a pretty good bet. I also bought some airline and cruise line stocks. Not so much that it hurts me if they belly up, but enough to benefit from even a moderate recovery.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Oil's have a way to go before they hit bottom. Long run you'll make money if you buy today but you'll fare better to wait I believe

·
eating tasty
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just have to respond I couldn't resist.

You realize the Saudi oil Kings are essentially burning billions in oil money just to spite the world right now?

I would also assume you don't remember the effect OPEC had in 1973 on gas prices and why that happened. (pure OPEC greed)

I've said for years the US should not buy OPEC oil. Thank goodness we're finally to the point we don't need them.

No, 73 is before my time. So you’re predicting the price of Brent crude will stay this low or lower indefinitely?

I definitely don’t claim to know a thing- hence my questions.

·
Registered
386 Posts
No, 73 is before my time. So you’re predicting the price of Brent crude will stay this low or lower indefinitely?

I definitely don’t claim to know a thing- hence my questions.
The only thing I know for sure is no person has any idea what OPEC and Saudi ungratefully rich sob's will do.

Good thing you don't work for Halliburton, they looking real bad today.

I'm thinking my motorcycle riding will be cheap on gas this spring summer and fall. Might need to ride north of Fairbanks again this year. Might even take that Australia trip I've been wanting to do. flights should be getting real affordable soon!

I read this morning gas in somewhere Texas was $1.50 a gallon over the weekend BEFORE this hit today.

I'm only 62 but I did buy gas once for $.17 in a small town "gas war" in 71 or 72. I started driving at 14 in Kansas way back when.

·
Super Moderator
12,564 Posts
Invest in tangible assets. Brass and lead... (even steel if you want to diversify) it's an election year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I'd stay away from cruise line stock for a bit. I seen a meme on FB that made me chuckle, Corona Virus Cruise starting as low a $4.99 per person.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

In it long term as well.
XOM
We just bought a good bit and already had a substantial amount in it.
Great dividend history.
I, as well as my broker think this is a great buy right now.
I’m excited about it.
Fifteen years from now it will be an awesome return.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts