Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is that time when the boys get to get away and go fishing. We have a spring and fall trip every year. So this spring we decided to try out Steinhatchee seeing as St Joe is still on the mend. We were not disappointed.

The trout bite was hot and so were the no-see-ums. We could have limited out in 3 hours every day we were there if they were all slot size. We got to spend 3 full days of fishing. It was fantastic until you got back to the dock to clean the catch. Then the no-see-ums went fishing.

We had rented a house right on the water which was very convenient. I`ve attached a few pics of our catches. I`ll definitely be headed back in the near future.

Oh, did I mention the no-see-ums were on the bite?

Attachments

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,899 Posts
Nice take. Steinhatchee has the highest and lowest tides of anywhere I've ever been to.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the tide swings are 2 to 3 ft. It worked out being on the water, all the docks are floating because of that. It was nice not having to figure out the tides as far as tying up the boat.

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Great times!!! You catch em lure fishing, or bait fishing....or both?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So this spring we decided to try out Steinhatchee seeing as St Joe is still on the mend. We were not disappointed.
Steinhatchee is on my bucket list, but you mentioned that St Joe was still on the mend. Are you talking about the bay? I would have thought the new cut would have set the bay on fire.

I love St Joe and Indian Pass.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steinhatchee is on my bucket list, but you mentioned that St Joe was still on the mend. Are you talking about the bay? I would have thought the new cut would have set the bay on fire.

I love St Joe and Indian Pass.
St Joe was our usual fishing grounds. Unfortunately, the storm destroyed our favorite place to stay - St Joe State Park.
I`ve heard a few fishing reports and they seem to be challenging as far as fish being landed. That's in the bay, I`m sure offshore is still kick`in butt like it always does. We love St Joe and Indian Pass as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
St Joe was our usual fishing grounds. Unfortunately, the storm destroyed our favorite place to stay - St Joe State Park.
I`ve heard a few fishing reports and they seem to be challenging as far as fish being landed. That's in the bay, I`m sure offshore is still kick`in butt like it always does. We love St Joe and Indian Pass as well.
Thanks for the clarification. It is a shame the park got cut off by Michael. On a lighter note, maybe the new cut will help with the eel grass. I have no clue because I'm not one of those 'smart' guys.

I'm a kayak type of guy, so this might give me access to the bay and the gulf without dying from exertion. It will be real interesting how the storm affects the scalloping.

If we do a recon this summer, I will be sure to post the results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts