Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by publix and they had ribeyes on sale. Decided on this wee one. And since I have a Weber gas grill and and a 500 pd smoker and neither will get over 600 degrees and I'm sick of seeing all the bge super awesome looking Sears on steaks. I came up with plan b! Stay tuned for the silver bullet sear! Ha. May be an epic fail

Attachments

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it's happening, plan on searing on the bullet then on to the Weber on low to finish. I may have a burnt crust lol.

Attachments

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
Dammit man, that's a new one on me... Upside down Steak,

That crust looks good to me, I love a heavily charred sear.
That's why I prefer to cook first and season after, spices don't burn.

Reactions: Snagged Line

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmao, back in the day I could have ate this whole plate! I ate 2 bites of the Tater after this pic and then went ughh I'm done! Haha I hate getting old! Lol steak was excellent but don't wear flip flops if you sear on a charcoal starter!

Attachments

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,028 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks tippy tho. Definitely a disaster waiting to happen with flipflops and too much beer.....

·
Registered
3,511 Posts

Mmmmmm, I got an A&M vet to look at this pick.....and he gives it a 50% chance to walk off that plate. Just the way I like it! Good job!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Little too rare for me but it does look tasty! Whatever you do man do not try burgers that way!
A little fat with all that airflow is a 3 alarm moment that you don't want :no:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts