·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
That is terrible news for sure.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Terrible for sure.

The article says from the beach water tower west but I went to google earth and the coordinates show to be a little west of the pier. Is the pier still clear?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; COLOR: #1f5080; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">I think that?ll be wishful thinking but I?m hoping so!!!!</p>

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sad, sad news for sure. I'm glad we were able to get out and catch a couple more yesterday. I'm very concerned that fishing as we know it has seen it's last days.We were fishing a couple miles off the beach yesterdayand lots ofbaby chit brown blobs of oil drifted by and let me tell youthat is some really nasty stuff. Sticky as hell and almost impossible to clean up. I'm gladI didn't drop anchor, or my line would be fouled with the stuff. Hopefully it was just on the surface, cause the fish were on fire below. My wife and I had our limit of four snapper, one nice trigger and one nice black snapper in about 30 minutes drifting over one spot about six or seven times. I'm sure gonna miss my recreation. :hoppingmad

·
Banned
257 Posts
Be aware, the closure notice lat/long is stated in decimal form. If you are using degrees, minutes, and seconds, the results will be similar but not the same. The eastern closure line in degrees minutes and seconds is 87 degrees08 minutes28.97 seconds. In decimal 87 degrees 8.48 minutes. The water tower IS the eastern boundary and the fishing pier IS IN the closure area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts