Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These fkn idiots are now wanting to take down roosevelt statues for some white supremacy reason....They took down Grants statue ,and he was fighting and leader of union army and fighting for their freedom.....How fked up is that.....
Back to Roosevelt....if you hunt anywhere in the United States of America,then you need to thank Teddy Roosevelt....He started hunting seasons.....wildlife management areas...etc.....Before the 2nd world war ,he declared most of Eglin as Chattahoochee National Forest,which was taken over by the air force....Anyway ,I posted this in the hunting section because if if it wasnt for him,you wouldnt be hunting because there would not be anything to hunt for because of unregulated hunting that he put a stop to......

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You’re talking about two different Roosevelt’s. TR died in 1919. Both TR and FDR were fundamental in changing the US viewpoint toward conservation and our natural resources but they also both had serious issues as it relates to social issues because well they were human growing up in a world much different than ours world today. I don’t think any of these statues or memorials should be taken down. One of the underlying problems here is the fact these decisions are being made based on selective moral outrage and virtue signaling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts