Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but I really wanted to use that title I met Chris Lewis over near Destin early this morning. I figured since the inshore bite has been awful lately, I may as well drive over there and at least bend a rod on some offshore fish. There was a light breeze out of the Northwest, and the seas were calm. Timing the waves completely wrong, I took two good ones over the bow which completely filled my seat area and splashed everything from my face down--Gotta love beach fishing in the winter.
Chris put me on one of his honey holes which was about a mile out and in close to 70 feet of water .
The bite started slow, but I managed my first snapper after a couple drifts. A bit later I pulled up this nice 21 incher

Chris hooked a nice one, and after a pretty good fight with his new Van Stahl reel........

He pulled up this whopper

I caught a few more up to about 23 inches

Chris, I had a great time kayak fishing for a species I hadn't tried for before. Pulling those fish off the bottom at that depth is harder than it looks. I can't wait to come do it again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice fish guys!! It's a marathon Tex, Don't trip sprinting in the beginning!! Looks like Brandon is a one man show and still keeping pace with the both of you!!

Took the PA out, Nice!! I just noticed that. I haven't got that adventerous with it yet, Of course it ain't that smooth off the beach over here either. I bet that would considerably slow down the fight with a big Tarpon if he had to drag the PA around instead of the Revo!!

Again nice fish all the around over there yesterday guys!!

Chappy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts