Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site a few days ago while planning our trip. My wife and I are headed down this weekend, I am taking my 18' CC Carolina Skiff. I have never fished the bay but want to give it a try. I would like to keep it simple as to different baits, tactics and fish to target. We are staying in Cape San Blas so any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I went this past weekend. Water temp is up pretty high and the bight was slow. Did pickup a few keeper trout. Hit the thick grass flats back of blacks island as soon as you are able to see/navigate. Use topwater. After a couple of hours move to the deeper channels between the flats and use a doa shrimp. Let it sink and slowly retrieve. Picked up some good scallops around Pig Island. Use Google Earth and zoom in on the areas and you will get an idea of the channels and flats. Get some dusters and cigar minnows and go troll the buoys off the cape-Kings were thick!! Good luck

·
Registered
570 Posts
Spent last weekend out there scalloping. Did take a couple rods, but only cast a lure a few times. I know this...there are some DAMN nice flounder in the bay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for the flounder, would it be better to try giggin at night or rod and reel during the day? Thanks, again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts