Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my kayak out in the sound on Tuesday for the first time. Had two blowups on a super spook early but no hookups so I started trolling over the grass in 4 - 7 feet using a slam shady minnow (also for the first time). What a blast! Kept 3 nice Spanish with a couple of LDRs and released numerous undersized specs and a jack. In the words of a former governor of a liberal western state..."I'll be back"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad to hear the sound is producing. I've been fishing Blackwater Bay lately, but I plan on launching from Oriole Beach next week and try my luck. Good job on switching up your approach and getting some hook ups.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Glad to hear the sound is producing. I've been fishing Blackwater Bay lately, but I plan on launching from Oriole Beach next week and try my luck. Good job on switching up your approach and getting some hook ups.
I may be doing it wrong, but Blackwater has seemed slow to me lately. When I get another window between weather and work I may hit a couple spots in the Sound as well. Nice fish, thanks for the report!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts