Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a youngster I loved going to Escambia river squirrel hunting with my dad and granddad and I would like to share the same experience with my kids (girl 15 and boy 9).They grow up so fast and I feel like I need to do this now before I look out my driveway and all I see is tail lights :reallycrying. It has been years since I myself have hunted the area for squirrels but it seems to me I used to have to get some sort of management area permit....Is this still the case? Thanks for any help you can give!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
you have to get your managment area permit and a hunting license i am not sure if you need a quota for small game i think you do so you just have to watch when you hunt because there are no more quotas for that are but you can go to http://myfwc.com/hunting/to get all the regs

·
Registered
782 Posts
you would not need a quota for escambia regardless of what you are hunting. you shouldn't need a quota for small game on any management area, just make sure you know the particular small game season for the wma you are hunting. i know perdido has a totally different small game season than the rest of the wma's. i wouldn't be toting buckshot in my shotgun or any other rifle than rimfire.

good luck!:clap

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey RiverRat, I'm not trying to sneek into your honey hole, but where do you hunt for them things in/along Escambia. I took my son squirrel hunting for the first time last year and we had a great time, but have since moved away from our squirrel woods. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well fly it has been years since I have hunted the area and after Ivan I'm not sure what to expect. I used to hunt fromQuintete(spell?) and all points north just south of Century. I'm going to do a scouting trip by boat(as soon as it's fixed :banghead) and look for some acorn heads. I will postour results as soon as we make the trip.If you get to go before we do lets us know how you do and we will do the same. Send me a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts