Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this off another forum. Can't find an authentic source but its funny none the less.

Speaking of uga, did any of you read Spurrier's comments regarding Richt
clearing his bench for the intentional celebration? He said he would have
sent some third stringer to run out & start wrestling with a uga player in
the middle of their celebration. If the uga players start retaliating, then
they have already left the bench & are involved in a fight. That would mean
ejections plus suspension for the next game for all those who left the
bench.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I dont know if the comment is true, but I love Richt's call. I think ALL coaches should do it for EVERY play worth celebrating! I think that rule is THE most boneheaded rule ever created for college football! IT'S SPORTS!!! If you make a great play, CELEBRATE! If you had a great play made against you, GET BETTER!!! If you suck, GET OUT!!! Next thing you know they will start giving both teams equal points everytime one of them scores! That way there will be no losers and we can all go home and feel good. :grouphug

:looser:banghead::hoppingmad:hoppingmad:hoppingmad

·
Registered
32 Posts
NoMoSurf (11/1/2007)I dont know if the comment is true, but I love Richt's call. I think ALL coaches should do it for EVERY play worth celebrating! I think that rule is THE most boneheaded rule ever created for college football! IT'S SPORTS!!! If you make a great play, CELEBRATE! If you had a great play made against you, GET BETTER!!! If you suck, GET OUT!!! Next thing you know they will start giving both teams equal points everytime one of them scores! That way there will be no losers and we can all go home and feel good. :grouphug

:looser:banghead::hoppingmad:hoppingmad:hoppingmad
Gotta say that ITOTALLY disagree with you NoMo, especially in college football. I believe in celebrating, but not so much that you will either slow the game, taunt other players, or embarrass the sport. I agree with the excessive celebration penalty. If you score a TD...great. Be a man, givethe guys that helped you get to that point some highfives, but get off the field so thegame can continue and if you want to continue to celebrate, do it on your sideline. If the team runs out on the field this merely slows the game, taunts others purposely, and shows kids that came to see the game or watch it on tv that this is the way they should act. I have no clue how to explain to my kid whom I am grooming to play several sports, when he sees players such as T.O. and others in the NFL doing their antics and the camera guys breaking their backs to get that shot. (I personally know what I think about it but won't voice my opinion on that). Can you imagine if every pee-wee football league, t-ball league, or whatever kids sport; if every kid celebrated and did that??? Can you fathom that? I sure can't. Play the sport with dignity and celebrate appropriately. There will be plenty of time for excessive celebration if you so choose after the game.

I personally would respect a LB more that got in there and just sacked a qb 4 times in a game who goes right back to the business of going after a 5th sack without doing all the BS antics. But hey, I guess that means that guy will never get TV sponsorship or a ride to theNFL cause he is too boring. But I will respect that guy more over the guy who gets his 1st one in a game and thinks he is on top of the world and wants everyone watching to know it.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I dont care for the "excessive" taunting and such. But they way it stands now is ridiculous. I saw one a few weeks ago get a penalty for getting into the endzone without being touched around the end. As he got towards the back of the endzone, he straightened his back and slowed his run while just letting the ball roll out of his arm.No spiking the ball, no jumping, no dance! Nothing! It was ridiculous!!! They want everyone to act like the Russian boxer in Rocky II. Dragov or whatever his name was.

I only support what Georgia did to make the point. I think high fives, and chest bumps are quite appropriate. Even for pee-wee. I think people should be proud when they accomplish something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts