Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been with Verizon for years and while they are excellent with their coverage, I'm sick of the enormous bill! Has sprint gotten any better over the last 7 years? Some people say there is 4g lte here with sprint but it doesn't show on the map.....

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I got sprint and I do get 4g at certain times but not often. I personally think they all suck. I did have Verizon and there a bunch of places I hunt in Blackwater that I didn't have no service. And still don't with sprint

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I was at the Toyota dealership the other day and my phone showed LTE. I bet the LTE coverage is very tiny at best. It is not in Navarre.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The only reason you should use Sprint is cost. Their coverage is lacking compares to AT&T and Verizon. I've been using Sprint for the last 10 years and the only reason I'm not switching is my plan is about half the price of comparable plans with AT&T and Verizon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
We had sprint for years but we just switched to AT&T. Sprint's coverage in HORRIBLE. They do not have 4g in this town. The final straw for us was last month there tower was down for a week, we couldn't get or make calls. This was on 2different phones, galaxy s4 and an I phone 5

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I hate sprint the a passion . I have it out with them regularly and it gets nasty. I use my phone for my business and two lines I'm paying $255 a month. Unlimited everything nothing hidden no worries.
I have no contract with them now and don't plan on changing , with my 6000 texts and 10+ gb of net useage on my line alone plus 3500 minutes . I cant go elsewhere.

Now I'm at a doctor's office at university and nine mile and I'm on 4g. Have it hit n miss thru out Pcola . From woodbine to Stewart st I have it and towards the hospital. So were getting better coverage.
I know all the dead spots it seems... Michigan from the ghetto apartments at westshore down to Davis. Catch a quick connection at Davis at homedepot then no service down Davis until you crest the hill at airport where sprints main store is located.
I don't bother using my phone in Ftwalton all down beal I have no connection, Lewis turner is a joke , green acres is hit n miss. Lol.

Its a love hate relationship and when the thought of a new two year contract hits me I stay right where I'm at.

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
I use sprint for cost. You get use to the dead spots. Have had them for 10 yrs, well was nextell then. But I spend $40 durring hunting season to put money on a disposable verizon phone for LA hunting. Then tote both one is bound to work???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sprint coverage

I have had a Sprint and Verizon phone for the past several months (personal/business). Sprint just brought 4G to this area in the last couple of months, but my Sprint coverage goes in and out of 4G/3G depending on the specific location. Their 4G is good when you get it, though. Sprint's unlimited data usage is definitely a plus over Verizon, but Verizon has a much larger 4G network. Sprint's 3G is ok, but I would often times lose reception entirely (dead zones) driving north towards Montogomery and west towards Mobile. My Verizon phone, on the other hand, didn't have these issues. When I would lose reception entirely on the Sprint network, I would simply drop to 3G coverage on the Verizon network.

Hope this helps!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,142 Posts
Verizon on my personal phone and its the best I've used....Work phone is sprint and it SUCKS!!! Most of the time I have to use my personal fer work....

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts
everyone else has already said it, verizon has the best coverage and you pay every penny for it. Sprint has decent, and i use that term loosely, coverage, pensacola does have 4G LTE and its pretty good when you have good signal. Overall the past 10 years i havent had any issues with my bill or customer service. Im loyal to sprint because they've taken care of me and where im at the service is good but could be better. Ive used verizon, hell i use to sell both companies and they each have their vices. But if your tired of paying the $$$ consider sprint for the unlimited everything.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
We had AT&T for many years and they were awful. We had no coverage at our house in Pace.
We moved to Verizon and their coverage is excellent. I'm not sure if my bill went up much or not. My wife takes care of that.
Verizon is about $300 a month for five I Phones. That's with 10 gb of data. I don't know what we were paying with AT&T.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I have tmobile.
70 bucks a month for everything. Including unlimited mobile wifi hotspot.
I can get service offshore 10 - 12 miles out. . That includes Internet wifi hot spot out to the allen ship out of orange beach. so I can have weather radar on my ipad.
I feel that is pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts