Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is gigging very productive in the spring when the flatties come back into the bays after spawning? Seems like people normally only talk about the fall run when they leave, but obviously they come back.. so whats the deal? They come normally come back in March, correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, yeah, I figured it would be productive again. Just a bit less condensed then, eh? I just moved to PCB in August for the saltwater fishing and had my first go at gigging this fall. Interestingly I finally had some success, but it was all from shore (and I do mean from shore, not wading). Found them at St. Andrews laying in the gut, inches from the edge of the water. All pretty small, though, 12-13" mostly, 1 or 2 14-15". I actually caught 3 of them by hand so I could measure them without sticking em! I spent a decent bit of time in the bay with my yak and didn't see any. I also waded in the surf and didn't see any. Go figure!

Got 9 of them in one night (7 in about an hour), and boy oh boy, how productive that made me feel!

One was already in mah belly when the pic was taken :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts