Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im going to try and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We are planning on having a PFF Lung Buster Fish Fry, for those who dont know what that is its a Big Buck Contest we had on the forum to help raise money for Chandler (Shiznik's grandson), and figured we could have a PFF get together.

Oval Office lost almost all of their parking lot to Capt Nichols so that wouldnt be a very good place to have it, Island Cove Marina was offered up but some of the guys in Ft Walton and Crestview kinda opposed. So this is what was offered up to us. Chad Cooper (forum member) lives in the Pace area not far from the Oval Office offered his place, he has a 5000 sq ft studio and right at 25 acres to have this shindig on. For those who dont know Chad is a taxidermist and his studio is amazing, going over and just seeing some of his work is worth the short drive over.We will be having a fish fry and Chad offered to set up a Skeet Shoot for the kids, adults will be allowed to shoot as well but for obvious reason and a request from the host if you drink shooting is not allowed, this is a reasonable request for everyones safety. So obivously its BYOB.Chad is very gracious to host this party so all we have to do is bring some fish, sides, and other odds and ends and clean up and we are good to go. Of course there is plenty of parking.

We are planning on doing it March 14th which is a Sunday but is the only day we could get all schedules to work out. It will be from around noon till around dark.

Also Reel Happy has been nice enough to help me out with setting it up since he arranged the last Oval Office fish fry.

ALL PFF LUNG BUSTER PRIZES WILL BE GIVING AWAY AT THIS FISH FRY

I know we are over a month out but get to thinking what you can bring. Need sides, paper plates, utensils, fish, tables....

This is what we have so far.

Myself- Keg, some deer and hog sausage.

Reel Happy- Tables, Fried Pickles, Fish Cookers

Team Recess- Grouper, AJ, Tilefish, and Almacos

Bassn8ed- His company, Stuart C Irby Electrcial Dist. is supplying all the plates, cups, paper towels, toliet paper, forks, spoons, knifes, and a couple ice chest of ice

Rob883 company Discount Goods and Grocery is donating all the bottle water.

[email protected]- Chips and Crackers

Biller48- AJ/Grouper Ceviche, chips

LABDOG3- Burgers

Heller High Water- Appetizers

Hot Spots Bait and Tackle- Oil, Fish Fry, Hot Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, Relish, and Tarter

Cobe Killer- 55gal drums for trash

SheYakFishr- Homemade Tater Salad

TOBO- Slaw

Bertram31- Dessert and Ice

Gump- Dessert

GENTLE WOLF- Loaded Bake Tater Salad

Corpsman- Pasta Salad

Telum Pisces- 55gal drum for keg and ice

Lingfisher1- Nanner Pudding

Singing Dixie- Coconut Cake, Brownies, Pound Cake

Downtime2- Fixin's for a low boil

ScullsMcNasty- Corn n Shrooms for boil

The Duke- Tater Salad

Sea Monkey- Chips and Crackers

Konz- Salsa

Banana Tom- Boston Butts

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Things we need:

Side dish- pasta salad, BBQ beans, Fries etc

finger foods (stuffed eggs, peanutbutter celery sticks or cream cheese etc.)

dips (tuna, french oinon, etc. )

trays for the food coming out of the cookers (clean cardboard boxes)

trays to hold the cooked food

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Sounds great to me. Anthony and I been wanting to see Chad's studio ever since we met Chad and Zach a while back at the Wildlife Expo, sounds like a good time!

·
Registered
775 Posts
i can bring a bunch of freinds!! all pff'ers of course!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That sounds great. Anyone that has not been to Chads place will love it. Thanks Chad and to all that is spending time putting this together.

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
saltgrass (2/5/2010)That sounds great. Anyone that has not been to Chads place will love it. Thanks Chad and to all that is spending time putting this together.
Chad's place is unreal, its amazing what he has in his studio. I mean really who has a shoulder mount of a Giraffe, its awesome to say the least.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
this sounds like a awesome time can't wait.why limit it to just a fish fry. fire up a grill and put some game on it! see ya there.

party on!

scot

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reelhappy (2/5/2010)this sounds like a awesome time can't wait.why limit it to just a fish fry. fire up a grill and put some game on it! see ya there.

party on!

scot
I agree, Im going to smoke some chickens on the Egg along with some deer and hog sausage.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Splittine (2/5/2010)
reelhappy (2/5/2010)this sounds like a awesome time can't wait.why limit it to just a fish fry. fire up a grill and put some game on it! see ya there.

party on!

scot
I agree, Im going to smoke some chickens on the Egg along with some deer and hog sausage.
now thats what i am taking about! if it fly's, runs or swims it's all good with a cold beer!!!!!! lets make this a royal banquet fit for a king!!! what you say, i say party on!

scot

·
Registered
195 Posts
hey i may be new to pff but iw ould love to be there

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any BGE owners wanna throw some stuff on the grill? Im planning on 4 chickens and some deer and hog sausage.

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jig n Hawgs (2/9/2010)Sounds like it will be a blast. POST A NEEDED POST so we can be sure to bring something to pitch in.
Everything is needed as of now. We need fish, plates, paper towels, utensils, sides, chips, cups, etc.

As members let us know what they are bringing Ill update the original post.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i will bring 5 tables from the prfa. for the food. i also have a cooker. oceanman has been schooling me on how to deepfry pickles! i could do that and one of my favorite things to snack on now is fried sweet potatos. i will also cook those too! and i sould have some fish by then. will update later on!

party on!

scot

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
reelhappy (2/10/2010)i will bring 5 tables from the prfa. for the food. i also have a cooker. oceanman has been schooling me on how to deepfry pickles! i could do that and one of my favorite things to snack on now is fried sweet potatos. i will also cook those too! and i sould have some fish by then. will update later on!

party on!

scot
We are gonna need some fish donated. I have a few bags of flounder and maybe something elseI can bring, can anyone else throw in some fish?

·
Registered
747 Posts
i'll see what i have in the freezer i think i may have a bag or 2 of some of those extinct snappers. when it gets closer to time i'll see what else is needed and chime in. looking foward to it. thanks chad for hosting!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would like to go and bring my brother ( collinscraft2) with our wives.I have a novel idea that could be great or too much. My company will donate-plates,silverware,napkins. cups,toilet paper--yeah bet you did not think of that and other paper products, in exchange for a small banner on that table. and as much ice as needed

Every one should be able to advertise if donating. Lets keep it in the PFF family.

holla back and let me know

·
Super Moderator
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bassn8ed (2/12/2010)I would like to go and bring my brother ( collinscraft2) with our wives.I have a novel idea that could be great or too much. My company will donate-plates,silverware,napkins. cups,toilet paper--yeah bet you did not think of that and other paper products, in exchange for a small banner on that table. and as much ice as needed

Every one should be able to advertise if donating. Lets keep it in the PFF family.

holla back and let me know
Bring it, the more the marrier.

·
Registered
549 Posts
TEAM RECESS would be happy to donatethe fish. Only problem is getting the fish up there before it starts. If someone could pick it up at the house that would be great. Just let me know. Gene

1 - 20 of 215 Posts