Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 17 and I am coming to Pensacola with my friend for spring break I am a very good bass/freshwater fisherman. I have had a beach house in Pensacola for four years. Unfortunately me and my friend do not have a boat, but we have a kayak and I have brought my underwater fishing light to fish on at night. We will be staying in the Santa Rosa dunes condos. We can walk
About anywhere. I have fished in Pensacola many times, but always seem
To come up empty. Aside from using my lights. Can we please have some tips on inshore fishing around Santa Rosa for redfish, specks, flounder, anything. We will fish everyday. Please help.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Live shrimp under a popping cork if the water is a little murky. MR17 Mirrolure or a topwater (top dog or bomber) on the grass flats for specks and reds... I will warn you though, I've been striking out a lot lately because its still too cold... think they're still up in the rivers. Sheephead are starting to bite so you can take your yak to a bridge or deep water pier and use shucked oysters or fiddler crabs near the pilings. Not sure on flounder; never been able to target them effectively

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.