Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i spool up power pro, sometimes the line bunches up at either end of the spool, like so:

is there a different way i should spool it up (other than tying on the line and reeling from the spool)?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Never had that happen to me. Try this...go somewhere where you can feed all the line out and can retrieve it with tension on the line. I do it at the house, but with large capacity reels I choose a road that there won't be a chance of a vehicle running over my line.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done some 100+ yard casts with it, and it doesn't really help. i don't have access to a large enough area to completely dump the 300+ yards of line

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sometimes when you fill a spinning reel manually like this it is something that happens to them. No matter the spinningreel makesometimes they will not fill it up enenly. If you have a spool of line you can bring it by and I'll put it on with my machine and it won't cost you anything.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
When I spool up I turn the spool on the reel a little every now and then. It seems like it keeps the line from piling up as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts