Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an idea that I might as well try and see if anyone would be interested! Two buddies of mine and myself are creating a fishing team this spring. We have been fishing together for a few years now and are going to enter some tournaments this coming year. We will fish probably 5-6 tournements in the Pensacola area. We are seeking any sponsors that would want to promote their business through us. We are creating shirts, hats and other appeal. Any donation from a business will get their logo on our shirts. This is a simple cheap way to help us out AND promote your business. We are all three in college. One buddy plays baseball in Alabama, one is studying to become a Physician Assistant in Mississippi and I'm in Pharmacy school in Tallahassee. We have been fishing all our lives basically and I recently bought a boat and my buddies have had boats so we have a three boat fleet so to speak all 18 foot boats (flats and bay boats). I will be happy to discuss any sponsorship questions over phone email or on the forum. Any help would be awesome and we will be hopefully be living AND fishing in pensacola after college so a small sponsorship now may be a good long term investment lol! We can bring some fish meat to any sponsor that may need something to be the deal breaker to sponsor us or any other ideas would be helpful! My number is 8505728273. Trey.

Thanks again
Tight Lines

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point and thanks for the info. We really are not even looking for gear as much as just getting a money toward the team to get started. If you are apart of a local business anything, even a $25 donation will get your logo on our shirts. Just looking to get started and promote some local business while doing so!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
It's going to be real hard to get sponsors just starting from what my friends have told me. Once you start winning tournaments often is when you can get better sponsors. Most sponsors will just give you a discount on their product.
Agree very hard to get sponsors just starting out with no history. I fish with a couple guys that used to fish the ska very hard in the 90s and early 2000s that had a lot of sponsors like stated above most of there sponsorship was discounts on products and free gear. Some of his sponsors were contender cannon cmaps gamagotus( I no I spelled that wrong but the hook company) Yamaha shimano seagar and a few more. But do remember him saying cannon was one of his best sponsors a couple times he had down riggers washed off the boat and they just told him where the nearest cannon dealer was and he picked one up for free. I think the contender sponsorship was like 20% off on a new boat.

He also told me the way he got those sponsors was by writing letters and showing there tournament history and how many wins they got. Also photos of their boat/team in magazines or tournament advertisement to show how much they got out to the public and how much the sponsors name would be seen

·
Registered
169 Posts
What Tourneys are you looking at entering? Only in the Pensacola Area? What type of sponsor would you benefit the most from, discounted/free product, flat fee to help with entry fees? Are you looking to be in Tournaments all year or only a few months? Saltwater Tournaments only? I might be interested, I will get back to you.

Castaway Bait & Tackle
3689 Avalon Blvd
Milton, FL 32583
https://www.facebook.com/castaway.bait.tackle?ref=hl

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
What type of fishing do you guys do. Fresh, salt....how big or how small of a boat do you guys have?
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

·
Registered
113 Posts
The reason I ask is me and my father are both avid fisherman and own several boats an also own the the DeFuniak herald and beach breeze newspaper. We may be interested if you are in our area.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let me do some research on some of the tourneys out of destin. I will get back with you. Thanks for your interest. We will for sure be in the pensacola area

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This year we will be sticking to the Pensacola area, there is only one tournament in Destin that we are able to fish. Next year we will prepare our schedule to fish more than one tournament out of Destin, Fl.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are right, not a lot of participation over the last few years, but we have found some tournaments in the Pensacola, Navarre, Orange Beach and Destin Area, perhaps even panama city. We are mainly an inshore team so the Redfish Circuit is one that we want to participate in. Right now the schedule is tentative, but as soon as I have a set in stone schedule I can let you know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts