Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been shooting a bow off and on since I was 13, but this was a first. So, I just got a new bow 2 weeks ago, a Fred Bear Instinct. I have been shooting a lot since I got it and love it. Today shot 6, came back to 28yds began to shoot 6 more. First shot not bad, on the edge of the bulls to the right. Second, shot, followed by a weird noise. Finish out my 6. Go to the target, split a carbon arrow through the nock. Pretty cool stuff, pics to prove it. Had to tell someone.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,604 Posts
yepper, it's called robin hood....expensive shot but cool....I only shoot 3 to 5 at a time...I use to tear fletchings all the time but never a robin hood...:clap

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's awesome man. It's definitely called Robin hood'n it. It probably isnt that big of a deal to some people cause they shoot so much, but I havent done it yet so I think it's awesome! We have a Gander Mtn here in MS and in the window of their indoor archery lane there are three robin hoods hanging up with the archers name on them. Two of them are by the same guy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've had that happen twice, once in high school I was getting pretty good with a bow and a buddy asked me if I could do it. Puffing out my chest I said, sure, watch this....not thinking I would actually do it, I took aim and WHAM! He about crapped himself! I never told him it was more luck than skill. After I bought my Matthews I was showing my dad my tight groups at the hunting cabin. He says you better watch it, you're gonna nail one of your arrows...next shot I shanked that badboy. Thought it was pretty sweet until I realized the price of what I'd done. Now I shoot 5 arrows at a 5 spot, one per. If I can hit the X, I know I can shoot tight groups. Either way, that is some great shooting, I see you've got a nice tight group there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The more you shoot the more expensive it get. It took me about a half dozen arrow before I learned my lesson. Shoot different spots .You should keep that arrow inone of your racks good job on the hood:clap

·
Registered
149 Posts
"Thought it was pretty sweet until I realized the price of what I'd done."

Yes sir ..I've done it a few times..I now only shoot groups of 3..Cost too much. Gongrats on the tight groups.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts