Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suggestions on a spinning combo for medium/heavy jigging. I would love to have a Stella/Trevala combo but it would hurt the fishing fund!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have had no problems with my Saragosa/OTI combo...great for AJ's, grouper, cobia, wahoo, etc. If your targeting Yellowfins, I'd probably step up to the Stella.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
atlantacapt (3/31/2010)I have had no problems with my Saragosa/OTI combo...great for AJ's, grouper, cobia, wahoo, etc. If your targeting Yellowfins, I'd probably step up to the Stella.
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_lblFullMessage>What model #'s would you suggest?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Hes my jigging buddy and he would say the same as I did. 400 gr, if you like alittle more flexable rod get the 300 gr.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My dad and I took our advice from Lobesterman and got the OTI 400 and went with the new saragosa 14k rods and reels feel great havent gotten to try them out yet though:reallycrying

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
It won't be long now though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
singled-out (3/31/2010)Looking for some suggestions on a spinning combo for medium/heavy jigging. I would love to have a Stella/Trevala combo but it would hurt the fishing fund!

I have the Stella/Trevala set up and it is great, 50# braid and it has handled everything so far, including a good sized shark (4 to 5 feet)....I also have the new Penn Conquer 7000/trevala, still hurting the budget but good.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Corpsman (4/2/2010)Based on recent events, I would have to go with a Penn reel and 25lb mono.

Or a Zebco with 10lb braid. If you invite disaster, it will usually come. If you can keep your head level you can pull off some cool shit when it does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts