Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had specs blowing up all around me today at sunset, wouldn’t touch a doa shrimp on a popping cork though, tried both Bone color and Amber with gold flake. Any suggestions to as what they may hit on, going back in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Could those be mullet boiling up? Mullet are moving now to spawn. Lots of them over by NAS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could those be mullet boiling up? Mullet are moving now to spawn. Lots of them over by NAS.

Could be, they were getting airborne looked like a trout. Close to redfish point before the pass. If there’s mullet like that shouldn’t I had hung a red or a trout though? I was in a kayak so I had limited visibility as I was almost level with them.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Yes sometimes other fish follow the mullet but not often because the purpose hit the mullet schools. Rig a treble hook up and snatch the mullet or cast net them.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Could be, they were getting airborne looked like a trout. Close to redfish point before the pass. If there’s mullet like that shouldn’t I had hung a red or a trout though? I was in a kayak so I had limited visibility as I was almost level with them.

If they were jumping out of the water it was probably mullet, don't really see trout jump out like that

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have fished for specks for over 50 years. I love to find them blowing up on baits. When you find them doing that, they will hit anything that hits the water. I don't think if was trout you were seeing, but I could be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts