Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best place I can hook onto some decent size speckled trout from shore or wading. What is the best types of lures or baits to use

·
pursuing shallow hook-ups
77 Posts
Right now it might be hard wading/ shore. When the water gets a bit warmer they will move in to the shallows. Live shrimp under a popping cork is hard to beat. Top water works well early a.m. late afternoon, and flukes/ jershad and gulp/ DOA shrimp on jig heads are also good, especially at night around dock lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Their not on every grass flat. I fished near shoreline last weekend and only caught spanish. Keep trying different areas until you find them.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The trout are all over the grass flats. Been catching good fish on top waters almost all day if the wind cooperates if not I go to a mirro dine.
How about the flats in Santa Rosa sound, approximately south west of Woodlawn Beach? Or the humongous flats further west not quite to Portafino? Did you try those?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wade those flats outside of Portofino and they are not there yet. When the water warms up a little bit probably. I have been catching all of mine in 6-10 feet of water lately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts