Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in the grass tonight looking for specks. Boy did we find em !!!!!!!!!! I bought 2 dozen live shrimp and i had my pinfish trap so we were set. My sons first cast and we had a nice 23'' Speck. After that, all we caught on live shrimp was catfish and BIG pinfish. So we run out of shrimp and i emptied the pinfish trap with hundreds of the small jokers. Fished with those and it was on for about an hour and a half. Seemed like every cast was a decent sized Speck. Kept 2 and all the rest are back swimming !!!!!!!!! Didnt bring the camera so no pictures. Had a really really good time with my son.

Scott

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much ,but he sure ate good !!!!!!!!!!:hungry

Scott

·
Registered
849 Posts
Bill me, I'm thinkin a 23" Spec usually ways about 3.75 lbs.

otherwise, let's go get some more 'them Trout, YEAH!

Love 'em and BTW, we eat every fish we keep, with heads and entrails goin in our bait traps.

No waste and no mess left on any beach.

Fishon.

·
Registered
849 Posts
and this lil 17 incher from yesterday probably weighs...um...what? a pound maybe?

It's once they get above 20 inches that they put on the weight.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice catch Todd !!!!!!!!!!! I love them Specks,especially when my wife soaks the fillets in mustard water.YUM !!!!!!:hungry

Scott

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife soaks the fillets in mustard and water mix before she dips it into the corn meal. Then she fries it. Its amazing how it tastes !!!!!!!! Try it on 2 fillets next time you catch some specks. Let me know what you think !!!!!!!!!!

Scott

·
Registered
245 Posts
<span id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl10_lblFullMessage">Mustard, beer, and hot sauce works even better. Water if for fish to swim in, not eat in !

+2 ;) yum

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Can one of you guys put a close up of how you're rigging your shrimp on the jig or of a gulp or DOA set up? thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts