Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed to Naval Live Oaks, but decided to stop at the 3 Mile Br/Bayfront Pk to tie on before fully committing. The weather Wed was rainy and wind blowin hard out of the South, right in my face. Rigged up a Gulp Nuclear chicken under a bobber. First cast in the rough, churned up, murky water had some strikes. So carry on I did. Sure enough, right near the seawall, up close, nice heavy pull down. 20 inch Spec Trout-Persistence in the nastiest conditions paid off! Leeshore action!

Funny part was, after I left the trout in a 5 gal bucket in the Escape,went back to fishin. Only to return and the bucket was over and no trout. I looked all over that back seat, everywhere, in the back. Bummer, I thought someone had cooned my trout. Went and gathered my gear to return and find the trout in the drivers seat!Ha, dinner indeed. Here's the 20 " Spec-->

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice speck Todd my man. One way or another your bound and determined to either let em swim off or drive off huh. Thanks for the pic and story. Cant wait to get in on some of that action at the end of this month. Leaving Atlanta on the 30th and headed that way. As long as Im not back in Fresno. Found out late yesterday that another trip out west is very likely. Not sure when tho. Booked for Oklahoma at the end of May and on to Brazil in June. So I gotta get a few of those specks under my belt, and maybe a few Pompano with you and ole Josey Wales while Im there later this month. See ya then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts