Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bring down a group of graduating Sr every summer and some of us go snapper fishing. I've got a kid with Downs syndrome graduating next year who has some digestive issues. When he has to poop it's not good. He's got to go and can't wait. I've been going with Capt. Slim on here, but don't know if is facilities (a 5 gallon bucket) would work for this and he would pretty much ruin a fishing trip for everyone involved if it goes bad, but his mom wants him to go fishing, She will go with him if he does.

Any suggestions?

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do want him to be able to take him.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Able to get in and out of the boat on the water??? If so, have him dress in trunks and a T, jump in, go, toss him a rag and be back on board fishing! This worked for my son when he was younger, they are both the same way, digesting issues.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how he would feel about jumping in the ocean 10-20 miles out. We are from Arkansas.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Ohh, lol, yes I see where that may be a problem. Hard to hang ham when rocking out there. Is captain able to borrow or aquire a CC with a head in the console? Portable toilet are convenient, but not very private, lol

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe, he does have a cabin underneath where his kids go. I've not had to go that bad yet. :whistling:

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh, lol, yes I see where that may be a problem. Hard to hang ham when rocking out there. Is captain able to borrow or aquire a CC with a head in the console? Portable toilet are convenient, but not very private, lol
Dang man....... a Down syndrome kid from Arkansas being thrown in the ocean cause he has to poop. That'll get you on the news. :fishslap:

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked with Brant with the youtube channel that hangs with Yak Motley. He suggested a head boat. I've done them myself, but don't really like them, but think that is my best option. Probable going to do the entertainer. Wish I could find one a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Headboat, destin or OB, they're about the same $$. Yea the fishing aint the same but you'll have plenty of comforts and you will get to fish, just not like we do. Take a rod, catch a dozen live pinfish at the dock before boarding, out fish the squid guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts