Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yowza! That's not a speck mate... now THIS is a speck!

Probably a "she" at that size but a good fish is a good fish. What strength main line if you don't mind my asking?

Alex

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice trout. Number two on my favorites list, there do seem to be a lot of specks this year. When i'm fishing for reds I cant seem to keep the off the line, big and small. Anyone have a clue as to why its better this year? BTW I would have forgotten all about a redfish with a trout like that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Turbow (10/7/2009)Man, I want a 30" trout for my wall so bad. That definitely the trout of a lifetime. Very nice catch.

I hear ya. I think that fish right there would make me more proud than any other fish. Way to go.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
tmass (10/7/2009)
alexthegreat (10/7/2009)That fish might weigh 5 pounds
Great first post btw...
Yea I have to agree I have used 2lbfish as Baitto catch Speck's in my younger days I.m 45 years old and I can say For SURE that fish weight's over 5lb's Get your fact's Right before you come on Here and Try To Bash Someone!!! You Won't Last Long With that First Post!!!! Like I said Nice Catch!!!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
27" is as big as i've caught...i was very stoked! inquired as to a mount, and it was way expensive and you don't even have to have the fish...

anyway, congrats on that stud...:bowdown...actually, males seldom reach that size, they're mostly females...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice fish. Not doubting your measuring stick, but every trout I have caught or seen29-33in has been at least 8-11lbs. That fish didn't look to skinny and IMO I think it was shorter than the 30in mark. It still was very nice fish though, well done. Congrats!!!:takephoto:clap:bowdown

·
Registered
541 Posts
Damn nice trout. I have a friend from way up in the country that would call that a "whopper headed rattle gator"...same thing he calls a big ass snake! Choctawhatchee bay used to be full of those when I was a kid. Very hard to find now.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
what is the difference between a white trout and a specked trout ? i caught what i asumed to be a white trout on sikes that weighed 3.5 lbs on the fish scale and was about 22 inches long

21 - 38 of 38 Posts