Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 42 AB biller. I have heard of others putting a point or tip on the end of their speargun to stab a fish that is not dead rather than pull out a knife to do it. I am curious as to how to do this or if these points are for sale or do I just fabricate a piece of stainless steel rod and somehow attach it to my gun. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
They have some mounted to the muzzle and some that attach around the handle. Google kill spikes for speargishing. You should find a few different ways to see how they mount. I don’t have one, I’ve always used my knife if needed or ripped out a hill or two.

·
eating tasty
3,735 Posts
I've tried the knife thing, and the stab thing, and by far the most effective, quickest, and safest for you way to kill them is rip their gills out. All you need is a pair of gloves and a good grip.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Swinging the gun around to dispatch a fish is somewhat kludgy and you'll never get a good stick on a smaller fish. Using the kill spike on the end of the gun to discourage a shark, works well :D. Rip the gills (after on stringer), or stick em with a knife (after on stringer).

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Also, a kill spike on the end of the gun doesn't feel good in your wrist if you happen to forget it's there while trying to quickly reload for another shot at another fish. I prefer to use a knife, or just rip the gills out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts