Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Spearfishing video 9/29/12

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  SlingShaft 
#1 ·
I called this video 9/29/12 but it is footage from the last couple weeks of diving. Enjoy! :thumbsup: BTW, sorry it's 10min long.
https://vimeo.com/50505749

#4 ·
super cool, how many lion fish did you end up with....? (including those ones that swam back out of the bag) That spot seemed to be covered up with them. are other wrecks have lionfish like that one?
Jim I only ended up with five to the boat, I know a few more had a bad day. Just about every wreck out there is covered with the little varmints.
BTW that was us that pull up to the dock in the Cape while you were waiting for your friend.

#7 · (Edited)
Nice video!

My wife and I enjoy diving together. Is that your wife/girlfriend with you?

Here is a technique that I use that you may or may not be interested in.

After shooting an AJ, I push the shaft through and grab the shaft on both sides of the fish's head. I keep my hands close to the head, straddle the fish, and cross my legs. I can then steer the AJ like a motorcycle!

Yep, I have probably been doing jiu-jitsu and wrestling too long...but it does give me a lot of leverage...and a free ride!

#15 ·
After shooting an AJ, I push the shaft through and grab the shaft on both sides of the fish's head. I keep my hands close to the head, straddle the fish, and cross my legs. I can then steer the AJ like a motorcycle
well I guess you can call the the next one Harley cuz I'm fixin to ride that pig!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.