Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the oriskany today... standard slammed packed with diver so rather than drop we rolled over to the Chevron... same deal there as I am cursing myself for coming all the way from destin to fight with scuba divers at EVERY single wreck... we shoved off to the Texaco and finally we were running solo. After about 30 minutes of no bites we were about to throw in the towel and put out a wahoo spread when a boat comes screaming up to us. Immediately I was hesitant because there were no other boats in sight. Low and behold its 3 scuba divers...great... turns out it was awesome Travis and his guys were super friendly and parked right next to us. They asked if they could dive we asked if it was cool if we fished and it turned out to be the best partnership for us that could have happened! They offered to catch us an amberjack and scouted for us, the second they hit the water the fish flushed up and rods bent in unison. After catching a few grouper and some mingos and the AJ they gave us. Travis and his group offered to hang around and catch another 2 for us, all I have to say is thanks again guys hope to see you all out there again!!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts