Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing with my sons today on the Bob Sikes bridge. We caught 50 spanish. They hit shrimp,gotcha's and bait fish. While we were fishing, the man next to us had his pole set out and laying against the railing. A spanish snatched his rig over the side and away it went. About 30 minutes later we noticed his float moving way out in the bay. I threw a gotcha as far as I could and managed to snag the line. We pulled it in and gothis pole and the fish. Made his day!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were there from 8 am till 3pm. They started to hit real good right after lunch. They wouldn'tbite a steel leader so we used 30lb. flouracarbon. That worked real well with only one cut off all day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
YES THE LIMIT IS 15 FISH PER HARVESTER. AND THIS IS THE REASON WE DON'T HAVE THE FISH THAT WE DID 50 YEARS AGO, AND WHY SO MANY FISH ARE LIMITED SO MUCH. :nonono

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
He did say he went fishing with his sons (plural). Now, how many sons? Heneeds at least 3 to be legal with a total of 50 fish! LOL, if you're not going to check the regs before you take them home you should before you post them on the forum! :doh

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you trying to feed a family reunion? That was a good fishing day I know those little spanish give a good pull. Let me know how you cook them, hopfully I will encounter a few this year. I need a good recipe. Yesterday I went to the beach and caught one pompano that fed my wife, daughter and I. Had a great time doing it too. Praise the lord! I would imagine it is hard to make a pompano taste bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts