Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the kids out this evening over by the navy base. There were lots oflady fish, and plenty of spanish. We were not ready to fish, but had one rod andabout $20 worth of top water lures on the boat. In the end, the fish got the lures,:banghead :doh but we got two spanishkeepers and threw back about 5 Ladies. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
If Lady fish were good to eat, would be a blast to catch, but after 2-3, it gets kinda boring. but, they will eat a small rod and tackle up.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
There were Spanish schools everywhere yesterday crashing glass minnows but 2 or 3 boats would just go WOT into the middle of the school and you could tell they didnt have a clue :banghead

·
Registered
782 Posts
how do you go about staying on moving schools of spanish? sneek up on them idling for a 100 yards, seems to not be that effective. wish i could catch more and not burn that much gas chasing them. if you guys have other ways i am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Always good to get the kids out on the water. You may not remember it long after but they will for the rest of thier life. It is a great way to get the family involved as well. My boy loves catching any fish, especially from the boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts