Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to the perdido reefs today...... there were a ton!!! of spade fish. I wish I brought my pole spear. ( and own a go pro)

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
spadefish as in trashfish? Some folks love to eat them. Especially our fellow fishermen from the far far east. As for me, I had them in gumbo before and thought it was quite delicious.

·
Make it a Grady Day.
2,784 Posts
thanks for sharing.

have also seen lots of spades in the mix recently as well as the elusive Triggers that are everywhere

catch 'em up.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Years back the spadefish would come through by the Fort Pickens pier mixed in with Spanish and we would catch them by the bucketful with gotcha's. If you haven't tried them, you're missing out. They are an extremely tasty fish and with light tackle, they are a blast to catch.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pensacola reefs

we wentto the Pensacola reefs yesterday at 7:30am. swam out.... thousands of bait fish, a huge sea turtle, and a 6 foot bullshark. im thinking I need a go pro

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I saw the same huge sea turtle at portifino reefs yesterday. Im glad I wasn't there for the bull shark though. Went to check out perdido reef today for the first time. Water was so murky we could hardly see the reef and there were big jellies everywhere. There were some small spade fish, but the murky water was creeping me out. So we went to the alabama point jetties for the first time also. It was so much clearer, saw tons of mullet. We could have shot as many as we wanted, if we had alabama licenses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts