Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been promising Logan a south FL road trip since he graduated 3 years ago. We finally synced our schedules and got the newest sled down here. Day one was crap and about to start day 2...
Day 1 we fished a canal right off turnpike and scratched one species off Mayan cyclist. Me and logan both caught a couple. Got down here to Lake Ida fer peacock and knife....spent 50 fer bait and caught a bunch of shad with the cast net. Logan caught 1 peacock on a dead shad! I didnt catch crap. The jet skiers are horrible and much worse at boating etiquette then back home. Saw a ton of iguanas one that was probably 5 ft long and prob weighed 60+ lbs... Day 2 can't get much worse....today we focus on inshore snook/red/jack whatever will bite. If its calm I may even battle the inlet!!!! It'll be crazy at the launch too I'm sure!!!!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Don't know where your at, but have a good time. Went down to the keys a few years back couldn't believe how overun with the iguanas they are.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Pretty Peacock. Put him on a snook while you're there.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
Update already. Got word jason had a great trip today. Was impressed with the.........

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Day 2 was going into the ICW and try to venture through the inlet into the Atlantic.... We knocked out some 1st's and was able to rescue a small sea turtle and had a DR from a rescue come pick it up. Logan hooked a big tarpon and got broke off. The ICW was CRAZY busy and the Inlet was horrible so my sled stayed close. We got off the water by 1400 and hit Lake Ida again. Almost ran out of gas and went to jail at the boat launch!!! That lake is crazy packed full of jet skiers and when I pulled up to the launch there were about 10 of em doing donuts and racing right at the launch. Both sides were busy and one was out screwing off while his vehicle and trailer blocked the one side. I told his girlfriend/wife he needed to load up or she needed to move his crap and she just kept video'n him racing and screwing off. I sat there fer nearly 10 min boiling! This jackass was a treat. My pet name fer the dumb ass is Jersey Shore cause he had that stupid glued up hair and he was wearing blue jean shorts while jet skiing. So Logan was in front of his ride blocking the launch and he hollered what was up....I told him Jack ass jersey shore was out screwing off. Well he finally showed up and I bit my tongue until logan backed in and we loaded up. I noticed a stink eye from scroat so as we were beside him he yelled that I better not talk to his girl like that again? I didnt say anything rude to her so I just told him Jersey Shore shut the &[email protected]÷ up and go get your hair did!!!! I sat at my boat and walked around it fer about 3-4 minutes hoping jack ass would try to be a man but nope!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: Kamac

·
Super Moderator
28,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day 3 we decided to try the Tamiami Trail....got up bout 0400 and hit the road. Fished everywhere we could with not much to show. Saw lots of species and threw everything but only got 1 Mayan Cyclid. Saw lots of gators and broke one of my red fish rods high sticking a 9 ft gator!!! Ended up coming home so about 750 miles in 1 day.

My pops has been going downhill this past week and I didnt think he'd make it through the weekend but when i got home we loaded up to head to West FL Hospital to see him. My mom had went home and said the hospital would call so we turned around and went home. I started cleaning the boat after the long trip and got the call he just passed. He waiting till we got back home so RIP pops!!! The last pic is pre-VietNam, I think he was a drill Sgt at that time....29.5 years as a Marine and retired Lt Col. Then ECSO retired as a Lt from the jail so all of y'all know how I was raised!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My dad passed in December, still a hard pill to swallow. Prayers! Looks like y’all had a good time. Despite the hard times.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Jason,
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I lost my dad a year and a half ago and it's been really tough.
He lived a wonderful life. I cherish the memories and the lessons he taught me.
WWII veteran 78th Fighter Squadron
My prayers will be for you and your family.
God Bless you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts