Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of reports this week. I had quite a few trips and just got lazy!!..LOL

The fishing is still really good, it just takes a little more work to fill a cooler with fish. the trout bite has improved drastically over the last few days. Not sure if the rain has finally done its job or the fish just decided to start biting again. We've been throwing popping corks with 3' of #20 Fluoro for best results. It seems that the fish are most active in the 3' - 5' areas. Also the redfish seem to be stacking back up on the docks in Santa Rosa Sound.

I have been pitching shrimp under the docks around late morning for best success! Also the bite offshore is still very good with Black Snapper and Lane Snapper still taking the bait. I have also been catching alot of Triggers this week, they just are all about 1" shy of legal. But for non stop action and a box full of fish..... You just can't beat the Spanish Mackerel bite. These fish are thicker than I ever remember ever seeing them.

Here are a few pics from this week and I will post more reports this week!

...................... See you out there

·
Registered
294 Posts
Brad...where are the spanish at mostly? Me and the wife are looking at dragging the boat over P-Cola way this weekend sometime...fished all over choctaw bay, but will be the first excursion to P-Cola bay in a boat since I was a kid...(Too many years in the AIr Force)

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brad...where are the spanish at mostly? Me and the wife are looking at dragging the boat over P-Cola way this weekend sometime...fished all over choctaw bay, but will be the first excursion to P-Cola bay in a boat since I was a kid...(Too many years in the AIr Force)
They are actually everywhere right now. From the old CG station all the way to the Pass and along the beaches in either direction!!! Literally miles and miles of solid Spanish! It's insane right now!

·
Registered
294 Posts
AWSOME!!! ANy time of day?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts