Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HOLY MACKEREL!!!! Well at least holy Spanish Mackerel anyway! Today I had the pleasure of guiding a great group of guys out of Louisiana. Rogers, Brian, Jake, PaJoe, Alex and myself blasted out of Shoreline Park this morning at 0630 looking for box full of fish. We started out chasing trout but the trout had different plans. We spent about an hour over in Big Lagoon catching and releasing small fish but just couldn't find the ones we needed.

After about an hour I started to get impatient and we took of towards the Pass. The entire buoy line has been covered in Spanish for the last few days so we decided to take full advantage of it and fill the cooler up with fish. We trolled and caught them, we caught them casting. We broke off fish, we lost lures. It was absolute pandemonium for about 3 hours as we threw a steady stream of Spanish in the box!! It's about as much fun as you can have while fishing.

After stuffing the cooler with Spanish we decided to try something different. First drift in the Pass resulted in a 26 1/4" redfish followed by two 2lb Flounder. We decided to finish on a good note and pointed the boat to the East. Another great day on the water with great people!!!

................... See you out there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts