Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a brief vacation, South Again was back on the water today!! It was an awesome day to be on the water and an even better day to be fishing. Today I was joined by Chuck and Charles Long and Brent Trout for a 6 hour offshore trip.

The Gulf has been very calm lately and I have been trying to take advantage of it as much as possible. The plan today was to troll up a few Kings and then the Guys wanted to pull on a few Red Snapper. Being from Arkansas they have never seen alot of our famous fish and wanted to see them all. After making bait we started to troll. While I was setting the spread out the first bait was hammered. It turned out to be a very small King so we let him go to fight another day, shortly after things got good. We caught Kings and LARGE Spanish for about 2 solid hours. Our biggest Spanish was close to 6 lbs and our biggest King was only around 15lb.

With a box full we headed offshore and caught and released Red Snapper and Gag Grouper for another couple of hours. I tried to get the guys on a few Amberjack but my spot had been over run by Snapper. With an hour left on the clock I ran back inshore to a little place that has been holding alot of Lane Snapper and we put four in the box really quick. With a box full of fish and sore arms we headed back to the dock!!

Another great day!

............................. See you out there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts