Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a WILD day!!! Today I was joined by Andrew, Sherrie, Dylan, Michelle and Savannah for a 6 hour trip. The target was sheepshead and they did not disappoint. We hit the Pass with 13 dozen shrimp and in no time it seemed like they were all gone!

We caught a solid stream of sheepies for the entire trip. We ended up with a final count of 49 Sheepshead, 3 Spanish and countless Red Snapper. Just an amazing day of fishing! Today was a prime example of the amazing fishery we have here.

It was great to finally be able to get back on the water and what a great crew to do it with!

............................... See you out there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why in the heck does everyone have to keep so many sheepshead. Just keep enough for a meal or two and release the rest. We keep no more that 15 on each trip. Same things going to happen to this fishery that happened to Red Snapper if we don't start being a little smarter.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If I were you I would've lied and told them the limit was 2 per person...not for the conservation of the sheepshead but for the conservation of my hands and fingers!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Why in the heck does everyone have to keep so many sheepshead. Just keep enough for a meal or two and release the rest. We keep no more that 15 on each trip. Same things going to happen to this fishery that happened to Red Snapper if we don't start being a little smarter.
If you don't like the regs then write fwc about it...since the capt was within his regs stfu troll

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Great job captain . I cant blame them for keeping thier limit. Doesnt seem to matter what we do.. if they want to shut down a type of fish they will regardless of what we do.
I personally dont care what someone keeps long as its withing regs and nothing is wasted .
For all we know they could have a big fish fry coming up and they picked the right captiain to put then on the fish!. What upsets me is when people take fish and dont end up eating them.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Pain to clean but worth it. Fried broiled baked boiled...not many inshore fish eat better!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts