Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It doesn't get much nicer in the Gulf than it was today. When a 22' Bay Boat can make 36 mph and still be comfortable...... you know it's flat!!

Today I was joined by a great return client, Maria fished with me during the Sheepshead spawn and came back today to go after a few red Snapper. Maria, Chad, Bow and Katie met me at Shoreline Park at 0600 and off we went. After a quick stop at the bait boat we headed due South for about 7 miles before we started. First drift was a keeper Scamp and a Snapper. That's how I like to start. After that we went to work, we caught Red Snapper, Scamp, Lane Snapper and Black Snapper all at our first stop. That really takes the pressure off me and allows me to enjoy myself a little more. We bounced around for an hour or so, looking at a few other spots catching a fish here and a fish there. Just none of them seemed to be on fire like the first one.

With time left for one more stop and room in the cooler for one more Snapper we stopped at a spot that has been on fire all season. Second drop we hook a monster!! It turns out to be a solid 14lb Snapper. After a few pictures and a few high fives we counted our fish one last time, ice them down and pointed the boat back towards the Pass.

.................See you out there

·
Registered
862 Posts
great job! we managed to get our limit for four people today...but it was tough fishing..and not too much size on them..our biggest was probably 7lbs

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great job! we managed to get our limit for four people today...but it was tough fishing..and not too much size on them..our biggest was probably 7lbs
Doesn't sound like a bad to me at all!! The fishing was a little slow for us today as well!

·
Registered
862 Posts
yeah it was a good day..we were able to take our dad out fishing too...and managed to see a whale and a huuuge tiger shark

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Seen a king ski 5' out of the water chasing spanish in those schools around the bouys this morning, got back to the ramp to see Brads very happy clients. Good job Capt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts