Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

South Again Charters / 15 June 2011

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  parrothead 
#1 · (Edited)
Inshore Slam!!! That's right I had a 9 year old young lady today get her first ever Inshore Slam!!! Today I guided Fred, Helen Grace, Justin and Mollie on a 6 hour trip out of Perdido Key! We started out looking for the Bull reds, we got a late start and caught the tail end of the tide and were only able to boat one. It was a 28"`beauty and was Helen Graces first ever red!!! We tried for a little longer but we had missed the bite by about an hour.

Switching gears we headed back in to Big Lagoon and played with some really small trout for about an hour and that's when young Mollie boated her first Speckled Trout. With the bite a little slow for trout we ran back out to the Flounder rocks and quickly began boating Flounder and small grouper. The action was pretty steady and a lot of fun showing the girls all the different types of fish and explaining all about them. This is when Mollie boated part two of her slam when she hooked and landed 3 legal Flounder all in about 30 minutes!!!

With the tide starting to flow again we went back to the Pass to finish off our Slam and finish the day on a good note. After several failed drifts it finally happened. We had a triple header of large angry reds and it was GAME ON!! We lost one fairly early in the fight but were able to land the final two, a 23lb and a 20lb beauty!!! This was a great ending to a great day fishing and the final fish needed for Mollie to complete her Inshore Slam!!

................... See you out there

(sorry I did not take a pic of Mollies trout :bangin:)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.