Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Calm Seas and overcast skies, I'll take those conditions any day! Today I was joined by Rusty and Wes Heitzman for a 6 hour Snapper trip. We started out on my favorite spot and in no time had our limit of Snapper and a few Black Snapper in the box. I switched us over to a little heavier gear to pull on a few of the resident Giant Groupers bit the three bites we got resulted in total butt whoopings! Once Gag are legal again I have a few scores to settle with those fish!

With a box full we decided to try a few different species and were quickly catching Amberjack, King Mackerel and Bonito. The bite today was as good as it gets. The current had just enough movement to keep the bite hot and the Full Moon didn't seem to be bothering the bite at all. To finish off the morning we went back towards the beach and trolled some of the large Bonito schools looking for a Smoker king but found none. We did manage to fight a Bonito on extremely light tackle!

Another great day in Florida and another great day to be a Guide!!

................. See you out there

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sure is a bloody AJ. nice report though

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure is a bloody AJ. nice report though
Yeah, that particular fish ate a Duster/live cig combo. We were trying snag a King and he exploded on top and ate instead. Lots of Blood but did swim off though!! Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
755 Posts
oh man thats a trip he ate a duster!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts