Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another amazing day here in Pensacola! Today the Lee Family joined for a quick 4 hour trip, we had a blast landing over 20 redfish in short order including one bruiser that was close to 18 lbs!!

After a quick limit of Redfish we headed back in the Bay and found a nice limmit of Red Snapper.. No monster Snapper today but 10 really nice keepers to top off the box!! Fishing is as good as it gets right now!

... see you out there

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Awesome! You are on them!

Interesting how you have a table of fish there, with red snapper and red fish. The redfish is the least red of the red fish on the table. Haha

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
WOW! Thats what you call getting in done ! Thats pretty impressive you have definitely had some awesome reports this year great job and thanks for pics and report

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW! Thats what you call getting in done ! Thats pretty impressive you have definitely had some awesome reports this year great job and thanks for pics and report
Thank you very much.. Been an amazing year for sure!!!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Global Warming????? I have lived in FWB area for 45yrs & NEVER heard of Red Snapper caught in the bays!
No Sir, they've always been there from what I know. Just a well kept seceret I guess!! Some pretty bigs one caught every year. My biggest Bay Snapper was 18lbs but I know some of the local Guides have caught them over 20lbs in our bay!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm just going to go ahead and say this. Call me a grumpy old man if you want - don't care. I don't post anymore on this forum for the exact reason I am about to explain and probably won't read the responses to this (if there are any).... and I have some experience with this, I watched a wonderful hundred+ years old and maybe more natural fishery decline to near nothing because of a forum like this in another state (and I was the owner and am the founder of the forum and the associated non-profit organization) and I left it, partially because I didn't like what it had become which is mirroring what's happening here... that's a whole other story.

The reason there are still plenty of bay snapper is because for hundreds of years there were NOT sites like this. You can make all the arguments you want about how awareness = conservation etc... but at the end of the day if you make part of your livelihood catching nice snapper and grouper in the bay you're doing more harm for your future endeavors in catching these fish by posting about them than you are short-term good for yourself. The internet doesn't keep secrets well. For every 1 person that responds in the thread there are hundreds dissecting your post, your pictures, and in time you'll all of a sudden find less fish and more boats sitting on or around your spots - spots that you utilize to make your future living... and spots that others enjoy as well. In a way I think this is even worse than whatever his name is (the "I sell other peoples numbers I find" guy)... at least he's selling them to one person. Hell I could write an e-book right now with 50+ bay snapper and grouper spots but I won't do it. I won't ruin it for me, my friends, or future generations. Lord knows the Feds are already doing that enough.

BTW - this isn't meant to be 100% directed towards Brad - I understand he's trying to promote his guide service... I'm directing it at everyone and anyone who cares about the bay fishery.

- end of rant from a grumpy old man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts