Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today Jordan and Tom, Students at Auburn University joined me for a 6 hour trip! We started the morning out catching baits at the Mass hoping to get into a hot Mackerel Bite. After about an hour of King fishing and only one bite to show for it. We headed back inside the Pass to see if the Reds would cooperate!

Did they ever, we managed a double hook up on almost every single drift for a little over 2 solid hours!!!! We would start our drift, hook two giant redfish, land two giant redfish and repeat. It was the best Pass bite I have seen yet this season! Jordan and Tom had a blast fighting these fish on 10 lb braid and med/lite tackle! Thanks again for a fun day Guys, good luck in your Senior year and hope to see you again real soon!

...................... See you out there

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Again-Charters/300424618980 Check out South Again Charters Facebook page!

·
Registered
849 Posts
That must have been a ball! and if YOU say it was the "best pass bite you've seen", well that certainly confirms it is on.
Capt Brad, Q: Was that an incoming tide?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Great report!

I know that live bait is best for drifting the pass, but have any of you guys tried drifting the pass with a gulp shrimp or jerkshad on a carolina rig or heavy jig?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great report!

I know that live bait is best for drifting the pass, but have any of you guys tried drifting the pass with a gulp shrimp or jerkshad on a carolina rig or heavy jig?
I actually have fished the Pass with a 1 0z jig head and larger Gulp products like the 4" shrimp and done very well on the redfish!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts